Why Is Furnace Maintenance Important?
Many furnaces break down because of lack of furnace maintenance. Similar to how your car should get an oil change, your furnace should receive a tune-up once per year. When you schedule an annual heating or cooling tune-up, you could see:
- Increased efficiency – As part of our inspection checklist, we will make sure your furnace is working at its peak performance levels to ensure it can reach maximum power efficiency.
- Lower energy bills – One of the first signs your unit isn’t working properly is a spike in monthly energy bills. Annual maintenance ensures your unit is clean and not working harder than it needs to.
- Longer lifespan – When you schedule annual maintenance, you can expect your unit to last longer with fewer major breakdowns.
- Fewer breakdowns – Many common breakdowns can be avoided if the unit was properly taken care of. Avoid costly breakdowns and schedule annual maintenance.
Furnace Maintenance Checklist
Cool Tech can work all on makes and models of furnaces whether they are electric or run on natural gas. During a tune-up, our technicians will complete an extensive list of tasks that will help prolong the life of your unit, including:
- Inspect and adjust the ignition system
- Calibrate the blower assembly
- Inspect and test the vent pipe assembly
- Test and reset the thermostat
- Adjust and measure gas pressure to the unit
- Replace disposable filters
- Lubricate moving parts
- Tighten electrical connections where necessary
- Test for continuity and amp draw across the blower motor
Furnace maintenance is not a task to DIY. This comprehensive heating service requires extensive HVAC knowledge and could pose danger to those who don’t know what they’re doing. Leave maintenance to the professionals!
Call Today to schedule or Contact us online now to schedule furnace maintenance in Charlotte, Cornelius, or the surrounding areas!