Heat Pump Maintenance In Belmont, NC
If you’re in need of heat pump maintenance in the Belmont, NC area. Look no further than Cool Tech Heating & Air Conditioning. Our team of highly trained professionals have the skills and expertise needed to properly maintain your heat pump and keep it working like new.
Though heat pumps are built to efficiently heat and cool your home for many years. They require regular maintenance to work properly. We recommend scheduling a tune-up for your unit twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring.
Basic Maintenance – The Basic Checks
- Check motors, capacitors, and lubricate motors as necessary.
- Check amp draws (current) for all electrical loads in the system to make sure readings are normal for electrical loads.
- Any abnormal readings out of range from normal will indicate a possible bad component or a motor that will fail soon.
- Check electrical connections. Loose electrical connections can be big problems in the future including being a fire hazard.
- A check of heat pump components including the reversing valve the defrost cycle.
- Inspects auxiliary heating system to ensure heat pump will continue heat while in defrost mode.
- Refrigerant level check.
- Check ductwork for airtight integrity.
- Inspect crankcase heater on the compressor
- Test all safety controls for the heat pump system
- Make maintenance or repair recommendations to keep the system running reliably and smoothly over the course of the season.
Benefits of Scheduling Heat Pump Tune-Ups
There are a number of benefits that come with scheduling regular heat pump maintenance. Some of those benefits include:
- Improved indoor air quality – When you schedule heat pump maintenance. You’ll experience improved air flow and efficiency and less hot and cold spots throughout your home. Your HVAC professional will also test the humidity levels to ensure there’s properly humidity in your air.
- Increased system efficiency – Your HVAC technician will make small adjustments to your system and make small repairs during your tune-up. This allows your unit to work as efficiently as possible.
- Valid warranty – Some manufacturers require you to schedule regular professional maintenance in order to keep your warranty valid. If you refuse to have your unit inspected and something goes wrong. You run the risk of having your warranty become void.
- Lower risk of breakdowns and need for repairs – During a heat pump tune-up, our technicians will make tweaks to your system and repair broken parts as needed. This will lower your risk of running into problems in the future. Fixing small issues as they happen during maintenance prevents bigger problems from happening as well.
- Extended unit lifespan – Scheduling regular maintenance allows your system to work at a higher efficiency and lowers its risk of breaking down. Both of these things lead to a longer unit lifespan. Your system will work better and for longer if it’s regularly maintained.
For more information on the benefits that heat pump maintenance can have for your system contact us online.
Why Choose Cool Tech for Heat Pump Maintenance in Belmont, NC?
At Cool Tech, we believe in more than satisfied customers. Our team of highly skilled technicians are trained and knowledgeable on how to diagnose and solve any heat pump problem that you may be experiencing. On every job, big or small, we’ll work hard to exceed your expectations and provide you with excellent customer service.